Here is the interview (HT Ashley), I just listened to it:
WWL Garland Robinette interview with Greg Meffert
Not even sure where to begin:
1. It's obvious that the woman who called is one of the ImagineANON commenters...she (Tammy...henceforth known as St. Tammany) was quoting her own talking points from the comments nearly verbatim..."sour grapes", "supposed buddies", "Garland, you don't want to see both sides of the story."...to which she received a righteous and appropriate bitch smackdown from Mr. Robinette. Garland replied, "I don't know who you're working for..."
yeah we do.
2. Meffert stated..."Show me one person who is making these allegations that isn't a scorned contractor."
Me...I've never had a contract with the city and never will.
3. Meffert tried to discredit Grant Holcomb by saying he was in the Urology department at Tulane. This is Holcomb's background as he explained it in an email to Meffert:
I am an honor graduate of the United States Marine Corps Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Warfare Defense School. I am a combat veteran. I have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering. After attending the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, I taught Electrical Engineering at the U.S. Naval Academy. I have over 25 years of experience behind my claim that the inability to communicate during a natural disaster or terrorist attack directly results in the unnecessary loss of life. The grant submission presented how vulnerable the citizens of Southeast Louisiana are during a disaster. You intentionally ignored this critical information.
And this was Holcomb's response to Meffert's attempt to discredit him during the DOJ Grant debacle:
Does the public know that you have a liberal arts degree and do not have the engineering credentials to be the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of anything, particularly the City of New Orleans? Ordering Microsoft Software and Dell computers and hiring a third party to set up a web site does not make you "technical", nor should it cost the taxpayers so much a year.
A note about the third party who created the website which won the city an award...they were never given credit and were contracted to create other websites for city ventures and were not fully compensated for their work. Disgusted by the business ethics they encountered, the designers have since left the city...one more casualty to the brain drain due to business as usual in New Orleans.
Incidentally, our current CTO who replaced Kurt, Anthony Jones, holds a degree in Business Managment from the University of Phoenix...yeah that one. Dr. Morris...you think your qualified? I should hope so.
4. I did not accuse Meffert of being Gay or of being a Scientologist. I posted the question "Is Meffert a Scientologist?" and this is the post itself:
I ignored this originally but it just keeps coming back up. I had two Anon's claim that Mefffert is a member of the COS. Now Ashley is claiming that Earthlink is run by Scientologists. Very Strange, indeed.
I posted it as a question in regard to the exclusive Earthlink deal for city wifi.
I never called Meffert gay....my commenters did. I don't care who he fucks as long as he quits fucking this city. I've received countless...countless...stories about these guys' personal lives which I have not published. I've said this before and I'll say it again, my blogging about this stuff is not a personal attack...I am sick and tired of the corruption in our city govenrment and I'm going to take on anyone I hear about that's involved in it. Meffert is not the only person I've called out on this site.
5. This isn't Holcomb's website, as they referred to it on the show. I contacted Holcomb myself in order to clarify what exactly happened with the DOJ grant...he was kind enough to send me a bulk of material of which I've only posted a small amount.
6. I'm not defending Southern Electronics or Active Solutions....the questions I've posed are regarding collusion among Meffert, Kurt, St. Pierre, Domke, Drake and most importantly....Ray Nagin.
7. Garland specifically stated that no one is accussing Dell of improper dealings.
Overall, I think Oyster summed it up pretty well. Meffert didn't provide any substantial answers. I thouht it was funny how he kept reffering to "the game"...which I think sums up how he viewed his role and responsiblities with the city. All he could do is keep touting how they stayed after the storm and set up a wifi cloud which allowed some level of communication. Well Greg, you wouldn't have had to do that had you not scuttled the DOJ grant...you feel that?
The bottom line on the Camera Contract is they pushed the contract into their own hands....the 400k (which is nothing to sneeze at) was a precursor to future contracts, not just in New Orleans.
As a matter of fact they're already touting themselves as experts in that arena and the NetMethods site is currently taking full credit for the city's crime camera system with no mention of Southern Electronics or Active Solutions involvement.