This is just too funny:To recap: Couhig... doesn't want to... damage... the city's "psyche" by... running again and not winning? Is that the supposed conundrum he's trying to resolve before he announces? Wow. It seems inconceivable, but that's the most charitable interpretation of Couhig's bizarre statement that I can muster.
God knows the city's collective psyche couldn't handle a blow like that. The only other interpretation I can think of is that he sees an opportunity to attack or exploit the fragility of the city's psyche. But I'm still curious how he took the city's temperature in the first place...how did he get to that diagnosis?
It did make me ponder some things which would affect the city's psyche:
- Drew Brees goes down for the season
- No convictions result from the current federal probes
- A freak hurricane pops up in October and heads our way
- Kermit Ruffins decides he's moving to New York City and DJ Soul Sistah goes with him
- Chris Paul asks to be traded
- Leon Cannizzaro decided the D.A.'s office can't be salvaged and quits
- Jay Batt wins back a city council seat
- Children's Hospital says they're out of money and they have to close
- Delgado says they're out of money and they have to close
- Ms. Mae's catches on fire again and burns down for good...alcoholics everywhere are traumatized.
- Rock n' Bowl closes
All of these things, methinks, would traumatize the collective psyche of the city. Rob Couhig losing another election...not so much. As a matter of fact, I think Couhig winning the mayoral election would damage the city psyche more than him losing.