This is a letter from Mrs. Naef addressing the accusations of a potential conflict of interest regarding her business relations and that of her husband's.
In our conversation last week it was mutually agreed that you would welcome an
opportunity for me to verify the inaccuracies and address individually the hurtful
statements being made about me on your website. Here is a list of corrections that I have
prepared in an effort to dispel the many implications and rumors hashed out on your
1. I was the General Counsel for the local company Home Solution Restoration of
Louisiana (HSRLa). I was hired in January 2007. PICKE Construction
Corporation is the new name of Home Solution Restoration of Louisiana, Inc.
(HSRLa) and I currently act as their General Counsel. Associated Contractors,
LLC was merged into HSRLa in 2006.
2. Home Solutions of America, Inc. (HSOA) is the publicly traded company that
owns HSRLa/PICKE. I am not counsel for HSOA.
4. Being a Registered Agent for a company means you will receive official
documents on behalf of the company. It does not mean you are involved in the
management of the company in any way whatsoever nor that you have any
interest at all whatsoever in that company.
5. As it pertains to Echo Tango, LLC - I formed this LLC for a friend for a potential
real-estate project. It has no other purpose. It has no contracts with either the
City or the Airport. It should also be noted that the City and Airport are separate
6. Wolf Ventures, LLC is a single member LLC and has no business interests and/or
ties to: Allegis Capital, Wolf Ventures, & Advantage Capital Partners.
7. Crescent City Management, LLC is a single member LLC that has no contracts
with the City, although it does have a vendor number because it has submitted
proposals; however, CCM has not been selected. I personally, along with five
other attorneys and firms were selected at one time to do title work for the City
through a “Request for Proposals”, but that project was changed after the
selection process and therefore I was not assigned any work.
8. I used 210 Baronne Street as an office prior to Katrina.
9. I am not a City Attorney nor am I employed by the City. That said I do not sign
City documents. The references to the letters that I signed on are dual signature
letters that the City designed. The letters are part of a 2006 program of the
Mayor’s to donate properties that have been adjudicated to the City for tax debts
for over five years to for-profit and not-for-profit developers to increase the
number of low income housing units available, as well as re-develop
economically depressed areas of the City. I was hired by Jaeger Foundation after
it was awarded properties. Jaeger was one of twenty something entities that
received properties. As far as I know, the largest entity allocated properties was
New Orleans’ Faith Based and second was Jericho Road (owned by the Episcopal
Church). The City determined who received properties by a Request For
10. I am admitted to practice in Michigan and Louisiana. I have never practiced in
11. I do not have anything to do with authorizing the City’s demolition permits.
12. Benetech did not share office space with HSOA. HSOA did not move to New
Orleans until after Benetech closed its office on Poydras St. in April 2007.
As a young attorney my reputation is paramount in attracting new business and keeping
the clients I have. For instance, if a potential client uses Google to search for my name
they would find that your site is the first several entries. Being that what you and/or your
posters have had to say about me, which as pointed out above has been untrue and
exceedingly derogatory, they would most likely decide to go in another direction rather
than hiring me, based on what they read on your website. As you can see this would be
very damaging to my livelihood in addition to my being personally offended by the
I hope we can avoid any future unpleasantness and I would also welcome a chance to
speak with you personally if one of your potential posters brings me up again, prior to
you posting it on your forum.
Thank you for this, Daya. Thank you.