Ok....I've waited long enough for a response from Dardene's office...Louisiana Secretary of State, P.O. Box 94125, Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125.
I need help and here's what I need.
I need someone...no everyone....to write a formal request to Secretary of State, Jay Dardene's office requesting a detailed explanation of the voting process in Orleans and Jefferson Parishes. Particularly the technology aspects.
Here are the particulars I am interested in:
1. Brands of voting machines used in the 2006 Mayoral election locally and at the satellite voting stations in other cities.
2. Are the votes tabulated electronically...and if they are...are the tallies from the machines transferred to a central point over a network. If So whose network is being used (if it is a specific network, i.e. Cox, ATT) or are the votes simply sent over a general IP network?
3. Do the machines generate a paper record (per machine), and if so, how are those paper records accumulated and transferred to a physical (as in buidling), amalgamated point?
hold on....more coming...
4. Which voting machine companies are certified for use by the state?
5. Who is responsible for the physical transfer of the votes?
6. Who is reponsible for each district's voting?
7. Who records and delivers each machine to each voting station during an election? In other words...who is responsible for the machines from beginning to end during an election?
8. What "areas" of the voting process cannot be disclosed due to proprietary information or for security reasons?
If we can get answers to these questions...I would be a very happy zombie.